Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Exploding Wardrobe

Before I started with my current employer, I moved all of my personal effects into storage while I went into training, taking with me only a handful of things that would be necessary.

When training was complete, I moved back to NYC, and began house hunting. The process took WAY longer than expected (almost a year and a half). During that time, I moved back home. However, due to space requirements, I was not able to access my personal effects, and had to make due with what was on hand, and/or build from scratch. This building included clothing to wear.

Now, after leaving the army, I had developed a pretty good wardrobe. I was picky about what I bought. While I was living back home, I developed a pretty good wardrobe. Again, picky.

Once I finally had my own place, and had my personal effects back, I ran into a dilemma. I have too many shirts. I mean way too many. I mean, I have redone my closet so that it had two shirt hanging bars (high and low) and both are full. Yet I still have more clothing. I mean, I could dump my t-shirts, but then I would only have polos and button downs. That leaves nothing to relax in.

I actually see this as a major issue should I ever have a live-in gf or get married. Where would she put her clothing. In fact, I'm almost sure that I have more clothing than many of my female friends. That saddens me.

I've donated 3 boxes of stuff to the Salvation Army. Still haven't made a dent.

Clothing is not the only place where this is becoming a problem. There are some other items that have overlapped over time. For example, for some reason, I have 4 peelers. It's not likely that I will snap one on a potato, so those need to go.

1 comment:

  1. I'd say it's not possible to have too many clothes, but I somehow acquired four suitcases full of clothing while at the Academy and yet have entire overstuffed wardrobe back home, too, so I'm probably not the best judge. Now I'm also curious how many shoes you have.

    Definitely don't need those potato peelers, though.

    ReplyDelete