Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Photoshop fun

Before I get to the meat of the post, here is a small blurb from an old blog, originally posted on November 13, 2004. The entire entry was not worthy of being a Flashback entry, but part of it was definitely something funny:
-------
On a final note, yesterday this blog was rated as shallow. To all of my readers (I think that's like, 7) I'm very sorry if I'm not full of angst. Then again, I'm not a 13 year old girl who's bf just broke up with her, or wishes that she had bigger boobs so that guys would notice her.
-------

While I was in Afghanistan, I obtained a copy of Adobe Photoshop in order to kill time. Actually, I don't know what my original reason was, but I had one. Anyway, recently, I found the folder in which I had stored them, and since I got Photoshop again, I figured I might as well post them in some places.


These are two photos of my friend Kristen, while she was a mascot. She posted them on Myspace, and mentioned something about hating that the net was in the way.


These second one was the hardest because I actually had to draw in the logo and parts of Kristen's costume. An image search helped with the school logo, but the costume was all me.



Not sure if Kristen was my muse or anything, but she did present me with a lot of photos to edit. In this one, she was at an event (wedding?) and had to wear a red dress. She hates red. She also does not seem to fond of that guy. Anyway, she asked me to edit the dress.



It's like shopping, without trying everything on.




I also worked on removing some the colors. I was still kind of new, so that glass is conveniently flesh colored. Looking at it now, I could probably make it look transparent.



I started doing some work with color removal and hue adjusting.



This was a straight hue adjustment. I upped teh reds and greens and dropped the blue out.


This was pulling targeting areas and removing all of the color from just there.


This was me learning to used the magnetic lasso tool to trace around objects and isolate them.



This one was my photo doctoring skills. Sylvia as a firefighter for Halloween. Lasso her out, find a picture of a fire, and place her there in a believable manner. If anyone has photos that they would like to donate to my skill development, let me know. In no time, I'll have people standing in places that they've never been, and shaking hands and having sex with people they've never met.

No comments:

Post a Comment